New board members bring non-profit experience and deep understanding of health care industry.
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS – Any Baby Can of San Antonio (ABC) announced the appointment of seven new members to its Board of Directors.
“Everyone at the organization is thrilled with the addition of our new members,” said Elyse Bernal, President & CEO of Any Baby Can. “While we have grown considerably over the past few years, one thing that has not changed is our ongoing commitment to deliver outstanding services to families in need. The amazing individuals who have joined our board echo our commitment to serve, are experts in their field, and I am truly enthusiastic about the level of insight and momentum they will bring.”
Any Baby Can is pleased to welcome the following community members to its Board.
- Brittany Beldon Rosenthal, Development Manager, Hixon Properties Incorporated
- Eve Hernandez, Vice President of Marketing, Generations Federal Credit Union
- Dennis Huston II, Director of Sales and Strategy, RX Technology
- Mariza Rodriguez, Perinatal Supportive Care Coordinator, University Health
- David Vanderhider, Member, Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Cecilia Velasquez, Vice President – Financial Services/Controller, San Antonio Water System
- Kayla Wagner, Chief Executive Officer, As You Are
In addition, Any Baby Can named its new Board Officers and Executive Committee.
- Jason Arechiga, Senior Vice President, The NRP Group, LLC – Board Chair
- Mari Mitchell, Realtor/Broker, Mitchell Realty – Vice Chair
- Erik Frederick, CEO, Mission Trail Baptist Hospital – Treasurer
- Sean Sparks, Vice President of Business Development, Ageless Living Home Health – Secretary
Finally, Any Baby Can expressed their heartfelt thanks to its exiting members for their dedicated service to the organization.
- Duane Bunce, Senior Business Group Counsel, Zachry Industrial, Inc
- Pallavi Chintapalli Nemani, Senior Legal Counsel, Ottobock
- John Luce, PE, COL. (RET), President, Orion Construction Co., Inc.
- Marcel, Theriot, Senior Vice President of Finance, Generations Federal Credit Union
“In the past three years, ABC has made some amazing strides,” said Jason Arechiga, Board Chair, “I’m incredibly thankful to the members whose tenure has come to an end, as they were a huge part of our success. I’m incredibly thankful for their leadership, and I know that they will continue to show their support to the organization.”
About Any Baby Can San Antonio
ABC started in a small trailer behind Santa Rosa Hospital in 1982 by a special needs teacher, Marian Sokol, Ph.D, to help families in the community. To her surprise, she received over 500 calls within a matter of months for help– not only confirming but emphasizing the dire need for help and resources for kids with special healthcare needs. ABC has progressed through the years to continue to meet the evolving needs of families and children with special healthcare needs. In 2022, ABC provided over $2million in care and served over 300 various diagnoses.
Raising a child with special healthcare needs is difficult. Finding help shouldn’t be. Any Baby Can services are provided at no cost to families who have a childbirth through 17 years of age with ANY medical diagnosis, including a chronic illness, disability, developmental delay, or health risk.