Goals of Any Body Can
The first goal of the Any Body Can program is to educate the family on living a healthy lifestyle. Any Body Can believes health and wellness is accomplished best as a team.
The second goal of Any Body Can is to provide an all inclusive environment. The best way to promote disability awareness is to be involved in the community by including a child with disabilities in team sports, dance teams, or fitness classes.
- Any Body Can offers free health and wellness lessons to residents of Bexar County and the 18 surrounding counties.
- The participant must be between the ages of 4-21 years of age.
- The participant must be diagnosed with a developmental disability. See the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) for suggested qualifications.
- The participant must be a part of an education program. Examples include but not limited to public school, private school, and home school.
- Parents, feel free to call Any Baby Can for questions about qualifications for the Any Body Can program.
Any Body Can strives to create an all-inclusive environment by hosting several adapted sport-specific camps throughout the year for children 5-21 years old.
- Learn basic sport skills for soccer, basketball, or baseball
- Build social skills by working alongside peers to accomplish goals as a team
- Realize just how fun physical activity can be
- Take home goodie bags to help kick start a healthy lifestyle
- Siblings welcomed
Any Body Can Staff Training
- The Any Body Can staff, Kinesiologists and Exercise Scientists, participate in several training programs to prepare them for working with children who have special needs.
- The staff receives a Continued Education Unit (CEU) training program. The program is designed to help educators work with children with different disabilities and how to use helpful teaching strategies for each unique need.
- The staff also receives Adaptive Physical Education training for the Any Body Can program.
- The staff is well trained to complete fitness assessments to provide accurate readings in body composition, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility, muscular endurance, and muscular strength.
- The staff receives on site training to learn about the individual needs of each client.
- Any Body Can holds weekly staff meetings to review recent research, techniques, or advice that may help the program perform better with clients.