What is Rudy’s Playground?
Safety and Awareness is a large part of Any Baby Can’s Walk for Autism. Abby Garcia, mother of Rudy Alejos, a 6 year old boy with autism who perished in a fire in August of 2011, has supported the Walk for Autism for years. Abby provided her personal experience and support to add fire safety awareness that is crucial for children with different abilities.
In 2012, Rudy’s Playground was dedicated in the memory of Rudy Alejos during the opening ceremonies of the 8th Annual Walk for Autism at the AT&T Center. Rudy’s playground is an activity area where all children and youth of different abilities can participate and have fun. Activities can include adapted fitness, movement, games, fire and safety demonstrations, and much more! Fun and adapted activities are provided by local therapy providers, schools, civic groups and more.
Help us keep Rudy’s memory alive. Join us for Any Baby Can’s 16th Annual Walk for Autism!
Here are the guidelines for participation:
- The organization/business must provide or sponsor a safe, family-friendly physical activity and must be free of charge to the public
- Only one 5×7 post card or flyer will be allowed for distribution per vendor in order to reduce the amount of trash along the route (Any Baby Can’s Walk for Autism is recognized by the City of SA as a Green Event)
- The organization/business must provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance when requested
- If approved, we will coordinate placement within the footprint & communicate this location with you
- If approved, the organization/business must provide their own tents, tables, chairs, etc.
- If approved, all vendors are asked to please stay for the entire event
- The event is unable to provide electricity to vendors; if you need it, please bring your own generator
If you think you meet these guidelines please fill out the inquiry below.
For questions or more info about Rudy’s Playground, please contact Lesley Watts with The CE Group at 210-569-6924 or at email@example.com